Pesto is a great way to preserve basil at the end of the season so you can enjoy its brightness all winter long on pasta, bread, chicken, fish and vegetables. This non-dairy take on the Italian classic pesto recipe is nutty, savory and delicious. You won’t even miss the cheese.
Here are some other delicious dairy-free pesto recipes to enjoy as well:
- Vegan Pesto with Zucchini
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Pistachio Arugula Pesto
- How to Use Stinging Nettles (With Nettle Pesto Recipe)
- Add basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, sea salt and blend/mix in a food processor on high until a chunky paste forms. You should still see very small pieces of walnut in the mix.
- Drizzle in olive oil until paste becomes smooth and loose. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Adjust flavor to your taste. Add more nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, more nuts for nuttiness, more garlic for bite, or more lemon juice for acidity.
- Store covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week. After that, pour into ice cube molds, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Recommended for This Recipe