What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When commenting or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, use the contact form, or comment on our site.
How do we use your information?
If you comment on this blog, you agree that your comment and username will be public on the post you are commenting on. Your email is required to comment, but it is not public, nor is it used for any purpose other than to register you to comment on this site. You may request to have a comment removed by contacting here.
If you provide your name and email address to receive a free e-book, you will also be added to our newsletter, which delivers green living advice, recipes and occasional special offers on green living events, products and services. Your email is held securely by Active Campaign, and is never used for anything other than delivering your free e-book and sending the newsletter. You are welcome to unsubscribe and permanently remove your name and email anytime using the link at the bottom of every newsletter.
If you use the contact form, your personal info and email address will only be used to respond to your inquiry, and will be deleted within 30 days.
In sum, if you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or email communication, comment on a post, or use the contact form, your data might be used in order to:
- Send you free e-books and our monthly newsletter
- Send special offers and discounts to newsletter subscribers
- Respond to your email inquiries from the Contact Form
- Approve your comments on articles, and determine you are not a spambot.
- Determine anonymous traffic demographics to better target our readers’ needs
How do we protect visitor information?
- We use regular Malware Scanning and maintain up-to-date SSL certificates.
- We use a secure, third party mailing list service, Active Campaign.
Removing your information
If at any time you would like to have your comment, email address or other information removed from this site, you may:
- Use the unsubscribe button on any newsletter or other email correspondence.
- Use the contact form to request your comment or newsletter subscription be removed.
- We delete all email correspondence and related data within 30 days.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, ever.
Third Party Links
We include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our recommendations, and welcome any feedback about these sites.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By unsubscribing to your newsletter account, and resubscribing with a new email.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send e-books, newsletters and other marketing communications to subscribers
- Register and approve blog post comments
- Receive and reply to email inquiries from the Contact Form
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
San Diego, CA 92105
Last Edited on 2020-01-01