Want To Get in Touch?
We’d love to hear from you! Just a little heads up, though…
Due to the high volume of emails Small Footprint Family receives daily, it’s very difficult to respond to every email. Please know that I will do my best to respond.
If you are sending a personal story, thought or comment about the Small Footprint Family website—thank you! We truly appreciate hearing from readers. Your stories often make our day!
In the meantime, here are the answers to the most common questions we get:
We do not accept posts from companies, freelance writers working for companies, or the many people out there looking for backlinks. We will NOT reply to these inquiries.
However, if you are a blogger who would be interested in a regular gig as a monthly contributor to Small Footprint Family, using the form below, please send me an email message introducing yourself, with links to your blog, three of your best posts related to green/sustainable living, and a handful of ideas for consideration.
If you do not provide this, we will not respond.
Small Footprint Family requires the following of all its authors:
- Excellent grammar with clear and concise content. The less editing we have to do the better. And we do edit.
- For recipes or DIY, please provide high resolution photos with no watermark. We’ll add the Small Footprint Family logo, but provide photo credit to you.
- 100% original, previously unpublished content and photos.
- Integrity. If you promise a post by a certain time, provide it within the timeline you promised. It puts us in a bind if you don’t.
We prefer articles on the following topics, but I’m open to your ideas if you have a topic that you think is a good fit:
- Green living at home, work, and school
- Canning and preserving
- Raising chickens
- Small scale homesteading
- Gluten free, dairy free, Paleo friendly or vegan recipes
- Non-toxic, DIY beauty
- Natural or holistic health, herbs, alternative medicine
We ONLY promote things to our mailing list that we have personally used and strongly feel would be worth staking our reputation on. We also limit how many products we promote per year. You are welcomed to ask, but if it isn’t the right fit, we won’t reply. Don’t take it personally.
We do not promote anything in exchange for product (unless, of course, you are promoting an electric car! 😉 ). We do not promote cleaning products because are simply too many brands out there. Please don’t bother asking.
Taking content and republishing it without permission is not only not a nice thing to do, but it is a really dumb way to try to build an online business. It might appear as a shortcut, but it isn’t. Your site could be taken down for copyright infringement, and you even could be sued.
You may also take short quotes from content to include in a blog post of your own on the same topic. Quotes must be limited in nature and must include a link to the original post on this site. If in doubt, shoot us an email and ask.