Want To Get in Touch?
We’d love to hear from you! Just a little heads up, though…
Due to the high volume of emails Small Footprint Family receives daily, it’s very difficult to respond to every email. Please know that I will do my best to respond.
If you are sending a personal story, thought or comment about the Small Footprint Family website—thank you! We truly appreciate hearing from readers. Your stories often make our day!
In the meantime, here are the answers to the most common questions we get:
We do not accept posts from companies, freelance writers working for companies, or the many people out there looking for backlinks or link trades. We will NOT reply to these inquiries.
However, if you are a current blogger who would be interested in a gig as a regular contributor to Small Footprint Family, using the contact form below, please send me a message introducing yourself, with links to your own blog, three of your best posts related to green/sustainable living, and a handful of article ideas for consideration.
If you do not provide this, we will not respond.
Small Footprint Family requires the following of all its authors:
- Excellent English grammar with clear and concise content. The less editing we have to do the better. And we do edit.
- For recipes or DIY, please provide high resolution photos with no watermark. We’ll add the Small Footprint Family logo, but provide photo credit to you.
- 100% original, previously unpublished content and photos.
- Integrity. If you promise a post by a certain time, provide it within the timeline you promised. It puts us in a bind if you don’t.
We prefer articles on the following topics, but we’re open to your ideas if you have a topic that you think is a good fit:
- Green living at home, work, and school
- Canning and preserving
- Raising chickens
- Small scale homesteading
- Gluten free, dairy free, Paleo friendly or vegan recipes
- Non-toxic, DIY beauty
- Natural or holistic health, herbs, alternative medicine
We do not offer sponsored posts, or promote anything in exchange for product (unless, of course, you are promoting an electric car!).
Taking content and republishing it without permission is not only not a nice thing to do, but it is a really dumb way to try to build an online business. It might appear as a shortcut, but it isn’t. Your site could be taken down for copyright infringement, and you even could be sued.
You may also take short quotes from this site as reference sources in a blog post of your own on the same topic. Quotes must be limited in nature and must include a link to the original post on this site. Please use standard MLA format for citing Small Footprint Family as a reference source. If in doubt, shoot us an email and ask.
Send Us an Email!
Please read the FAQs above BEFORE sending your email.