Named for the Friday after Thanksgiving (U.S.), when all the stores have big sales to start the winter holiday season, Black Friday Pie is an easy and delicious way to make the most of your Thanksgiving leftovers.
Similar to Shepherd’s Pie, but even faster to make, you will have Black Friday Pie on the dinner table so quickly, there will be plenty of time to hit the post-holiday sales!
More Leftover Recipes:
- Turkey Soup with Root Vegetables (Gluten Free, Paleo)
- Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegan)
- 1-2 cups leftover mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes (or combination)
- ½ cup leftover cooked turkey cubed or shredded
- ½ cup leftover cooked green beans
- ½ cup leftover turkey gravy
- 1-2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil, melted
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Thoroughly grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Spread leftover stuffing onto the bottom of the greased pie plate. (You can use mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes if you did not make stuffing.)
- Fill stuffing crust with the turkey, green beans, and gravy. Smooth mashed or sweet potatoes on top of the turkey and gravy to create a top crust.
- Brush top of pie with melted butter or coconut oil.
- Bake pie until top is golden and crispy, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.