This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Snap and snow peas are some of the delights of spring. Lovely raw or lightly sauteed, don’t miss adding some of these sweet babies to your menu plan while they are in season.
Snap Pea Nutrition
Snap and snow peas are quite good for you. A 1/2 cup of cooked snap peas has approximately 2.6 grams of protein, 39 mg of Vitamin C, 1.6 mg of iron, 192 mg of potassium and 21 mg of magnesium.
Bring some bright, spring crunch to your table with this yummy snap pea salad recipe:
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Add raw sugar snap peas and avocado; toss gently to combine.
Lemony Sugar Snap Peas with Avocado
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.