Like many households, we are passing around various winter bugs with their share of fevers, aches, sniffles, sneezes and coughs.
The recipe for getting better in our house is lots of homemade, pasture-raised chicken broth, Netflix videos, and one or two of my favorite homemade cold remedies. This homemade honey ginger throat salve is simple and fast to make, and delivers quick soothing to sore and scratchy throats.
Try These Other Remedies…
- Homemade Vapor Rub for Colds and Sore Muscles
- Boost Your Immune System with Fire Cider Master Tonic
- Onion, Garlic and Ginger Homemade Cough Syrup
- Thyme Oil Vapor Steam
- 1 2-inch knob fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (Do not give honey to infants under the age of 1.)
- Peel, then finely grate ginger into a small bowl.
- Squeeze grated ginger through a fine mesh sieve (or just use your fingers) to release about 1 teaspoon of juice. Discard pulp.
- Mix the teaspoon of fresh ginger juice thoroughly into the tablespoon of honey.
- Take the syrup right away, swallowing slowly and deliberately.
- Take 2-3 times a day, as needed to soothe sore throat and dry coughing.