This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I am always on the hunt for easy, nutritious, grain and dairy free recipes for my food-sensitive family. How could you go wrong with a low-sugar, gluten free version of the Pecan Sandie?
I must confess that this recipe is so yummy and so easy, that my family and I have enjoyed a batch of these at least once a week for the last month.
But I don’t feel guilty about it, and when you see the ingredients in these little bits of heaven, you’ll understand why.
Other Gluten Free Cookie Recipes You Will Enjoy
- 1-1/2 cups raw pecans, plus 12 half pecans for tops of cookies (preferably previously soaked and dried)
- 1-1/2 cups walnuts, (preferably previously soaked and dried)
- 5 Tbsp. +1/4 tsp. virgin coconut oil, or grass-fed butter
- 5 Tbsp. raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Pulse all ingredients (except 12 whole pecans and 1/4 teaspoon butter or oil) in food processor until the dough just comes together. It will look “sandy.” Do not overprocess.
- Scoop out cookie dough in heaping tablespoon increments and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Toss whole pecans in butter or oil and press into cookies
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes (check often so they don’t burn)
- Enjoy with a tall glass of homemade coconut milk!