This breakfast barely deserves to be called a recipe, really, but it does give new meaning to the idea of “nuts and berries.”
It is very, very easy to make: I typically keep all the ingredients handy in airtight, latch-lid canning jars, so all I have to do is open a bunch of them, reach in, grab, and combine.
This “cereal” is very nutritious and filling. It is especially good if you do a lot of physical work in the morning that requires extra energy. You can easily mix and match the ingredients to suit your tastes or food sensitivities, or what is available at the market.
- 1 Small handful raw pecans 6-10 complete half nuts, previously soaked and dried
- 1 Small handful walnuts 6-10 complete half nuts, previously soaked and dried
- 1 Small handful raw almonds 8-10 whole nuts, previously soaked and dried
- 1 Small handful raw sunflower seeds previously soaked and dried
- 1 Small handful raw pumpkin seeds previously soaked and dried
- 1 Very small handful raw sesame seeds previously soaked and dried
- 1 Very small handful organic raisins
- 1 Very small handful unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Very small handful goji berries , mulberries or other dried berries
- 1 Large pinch cacao nibs (optional)
- fresh fruit cut up (if you have it)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cereal-sized bowl until you have the amount of cereal you want to eat. Feel free to substitute or adjust any nuts, seeds or fruits according to taste and availability.
- Pour coconut milk, almond milk, yogurt, or raw cow's milk over the cereal.