This gluten free meatball recipe fits a variety of special diets such as GAPS, Paleo, Nutritional Balancing, Keto, or SCD. But even if you aren’t on a healing diet, these are quick, easy and so delicious!
These meatballs have just enough vegetables in them to increase their nutrients without tipping off picky children. The carrots and cauliflower in these meatballs have a very mild flavor, and enable you to use up “Cauli-rice” and carrot juicing leftovers. Feel free to choose different vegetables if you like.
The addition of fish sauce adds just the right touch of umami to the meatballs, making them extra flavorful and slightly more nutritious.
They also freeze well so you always have something yummy on hand on those nights when you just don’t have time to cook (or can’t be bothered).
Gluten Free Meatballs with Vegetables and Herbs
This gluten free meatball recipe fits a variety of special diets such as GAPS, Paleo, Nutritional Balancing or SCD. They are quick, easy, nutritious, and so delicious!
- 1 lb ground grass-fed beef or lamb (where to find online)
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/4 cup cauliflower, grated to "rice"
- 1/8 cup carrot juice pulp or shredded carrot
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes or 3 Tbsp fresh minced onion, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. additive-free fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano or basil), finely chopped or 1 Tbsp dried herbs
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Use your hands to mix together the meat, egg, vegetables, onion and garlic in a bowl until uniform in texture.
- Add in the herbs, salt and fish sauce, adjusting to fit your taste preferences. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 2-inch meatballs and place into 9x13" pan or baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown and cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and freeze for later.