Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 32 Tablespoons
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes soak in warm water for 20 minutes if using the very dried kind and drain (How to make your own sun dried tomatoes)
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 small shallots
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts (preferably pre-soaked and thoroughly dried)
- 1 tsp. Balsamic vinegar or slightly more to taste
- Handful fresh basil leaves parsley, or both
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Chop the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces.
Chop the garlic, shallots and fresh herbs.
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor except for the oil and pulse until even in coarseness, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed.
Drizzle in the olive oil and continue pulsing until a paste-like consistency. (You may want to use less if using the oil-packed type of sun-dried tomatoes.)
Store refrigerated for up to one week, or much longer in the freezer.
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.7mg