Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
- 2-3 medium beets trimmed and peeled (you can use golden beets, which will prevent the whole salad from turning pink.)
- 5-7 carrots trimmed and peeled
- 5-7 small kohlrabi or 2-3 larger kohlrabi, trimmed and peeled
- 3-4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 large sprig fresh dill chopped, to taste
- dash sriracha Tabasco or other hot sauce, to taste
- sea salt to taste
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- black pepper to taste
Grate or process the beets in the food processor until medium fine. Place in a large mixing bowl.
Grate or process the carrots in the food processor until medium fine. Add to mixing bowl.
Grate or process the kohlrabi in the food processor until medium fine. If they are very small, chop them finely. Add to mixing bowl. (You want to end up with equal amounts of grated beet, grated carrot and grated kohlrabi.)
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl (or blend in Vitamix or blender), then pour over the salad and mix until well combined.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6410IU | Vitamin C: 68.6mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.8mg