Ever since the purchase of our Vitamix, we have been enjoying a daily smoothie. We have tried all sorts of recipes with bananas, berries, mangos, papayas, apples, carrots, etc., each of them mixed with a leaf or two of kale, chard, romaine, or the occasional bunch of spinach. And most of them have been good.
But today, low on greens and flush with fruit I needed to use up before spoiling, I made an all tropical fruit smoothie recipe that blew me away. If you like tropical tastes, this one is simply to die for!
- 1 Mango
- 1/2 Papaya
- Meat and water from 1 young Thai coconut
- 3 ice cubes (ideally made from pure, non-chlorinated water)
- 1 tsp. ground flax meal (optional, adds fiber)
- 1 tsp. probiotic powder (optional, aids digestion)
- Seed the mango.
- Score it crosswise, invert the skin, and scrape into blender.
- Halve the papaya and scrape out the seeds.
- With a spoon, scrape papaya meat into blender.
- Whack all around the pointed top of the young coconut with a large knife or cleaver, then, when sufficiently scored, pry the top off with the edge of your knife.
- Conserve the coconut water in a bowl.
- Pick out or strain any shell or debris in the coconut water, then add to blender.
- With a spoon, carefully scrape out all the soft coconut meat, and put into blender.
- Add ice cubes.
- Add flax meal and/or probiotic, if using.
- Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Vitamix or other powerful blender
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE E-BOOK
50 Ways to Love Your Mother contains 50 simple ways to live a more sustainable lifestyle. Not only will these baby steps go easy on the planet, but they will go easy on your wallet, too. Get it FREE today!