Small Footprint Fridays — A Sustainable Living Link-Up!
The difference between how the world is now and how we know it could be is within our grasp. Can’t you feel it?
We can do a lot to bring that better world into existence through making choices and acting in ways that protect and enhance the world for future generations.
It’s time we got inspired. Time we united. Time we shared our collective wisdom.
Whether you are a
- Newbie or Old Hand,
- Nature Lover or Treehugger,
- “Crunchy” Mama or Earth-Conscious Papa,
- Gardener, Homesteader or Permaculturist (urban, suburban or rural!),
- DIYer or traditional skills enthusiast,
- Prepper, Transitioner or New Paradigmer,
- Just a person who can read the writing on the wall,
each of us is dedicated to living with a smaller, more self-reliant footprint on this precious, finite planet we call Home. Each of us is rebelling against conventional norms in order to consume less, produce more, and nourish our bodies, our families, and our spirits.
That’s why I’ve started Small Footprint Fridays.
What is Small Footprint Fridays?
Small Footprint Fridays is a blog link-up about sustainable living. Every Friday, we come together to support and encourage each other in living greener, healthier lives. By joining together and sharing our wisdom, we can help turn the tide on our health and environmental crises, and create a better world for our children and grandchildren.
There are so many things we can learn from each other, like how to:
- save energy, water and other resources;
- grow, preserve and store food;
- avoid toxins and heal ourselves naturally;
- make our own necessities;
- reduce our consumption, recycle our waste, and reuse what we have;
- redefine what makes life meaningful, prosperous and abundant…
What could be more inspiring? So, let’s have some fun!
How It Works
1. Share your posts that relate to “green” or sustainable living. This could be a post about organic gardening or homesteading, non-toxic DIY products, saving energy, using greywater, reducing your need for conventional medicine, building your local “foodshed” —really any topic related to keeping your family’s resource footprint small and sustainable.
Enter your post title and image using the Linky at the end of the post. Posts from your archives are OK. Please link to your article, and NOT to your home page.
NO RECIPES, PLEASE, unless they are for food preservation/storage. There are tons of recipe link-ups out there. Small Footprint Fridays has a different focus.
We want these links to be valuable to readers months or even years from now, so please don’t post giveaways or products for sale.
2. In your post, please place a link back to the Small Footprint Fridays weekly post, NOT to the homepage. Linking back directly to each week’s link-up page helps build our community by sending your readers to all of the other posts shared. Simply make a link that says something like, “Posted at Small Footprint Fridays!” or save the badge below and use it to link back. I reserve the right to delete those links that don’t adhere to this.
3. I’ll post the Small Footprint Fridays post late Thursday night at 10 p.m. (PST). Please come and join us then!
4. Please leave a comment, and help our green living community grow by sharing Small Footprint Fridays with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!
5. Most importantly, be sure to visit a few of the links that interest you. Let them know you found their post here!
Now It’s Your Turn…
I can’t wait to see what you have to share!!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. These small earnings make it possible for me to continue writing this blog for you. That said, I only recommend products I genuinely love, and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Thank you for your support!