Fresh water is becoming scarce all over the world, even in seemingly wet places like Florida or Michigan. So it is very important that we use water conservation methods whenever we can.
Landscape irrigation is one of the biggest uses of household water during the summer, so anything you can do to save water outside your home will also save you at least $75 a year.
Waste Not, Want Not
Sprinkler systems are typically very inefficient. They spray water all over the place, not just on your plants, and often they spray or run off onto the sidewalk, driveway, etc. where the water is simply wasted. And watering the leaves of your plants, instead of the soil, not only doesn’t hydrate them, but it can also lead to the spread of fungal diseases.
A drip irrigation system, in contrast, delivers water slowly and directly to the base of your plants, making sure they get what they need and nothing is lost to run-off, evaporation or overspray. In fact, a drip irrigation system can save thousands of gallons a year in irrigation water, not to mention a ton of money.
If you are a vegetable gardener that needs to water your crops every day, a drip irrigation system will not only save you a lot of water and inconvenience (who wants to hold a hose!), but it will also save you a ton of time too!
This All-In-One Drip System waters a 75 square foot area. It attaches easily to your outside faucet, takes care of regulating pressure, filtering sediment and preventing back flow—the three essentials to make a drip system work efficiently.
The tubing is easy to cut and connect and can be set up to conform to your landscaped area. You can use the drip tubing for larger areas and widely spaced plants, and then connect the drip emitters for spot watering.
This kit is highly adaptable and expandable. If you need additional drip tubing, couplings, or emitters to fit your particular garden, RainBird extra parts are very affordable and easy to install. The configurations are endless, and if you add a timer like this one, you can water your entire landscape efficiently and automatically!
Each Drip Irrigation Kit Contains:
- (1) Faucet Connection Kit,
- (50-foot) 1/2-inch emitter Tubing,
- (50-foot) 1/2-inch tubing,
- (25-foot) 1/4-inch tubing,
- (2) 1/2-inch barbed couplings,
- (3) 1/2-inch barbed tees,
- (2) 1/2-inch barbed elbows,
- (1) 1/2-inch end closure,
- (10) galvanized stakes,
- (5) 1/4-inch barbed tees,
- (2) 1/4-inch barbed couplings,
- (5) 1/4-inch tubing stakes,
- (10) 1/4-inch tubing plugs,
- (5) 1.0 GPH spot watering emitters, and
- (1) emitter tool.
Enter to Win this RainBird Drip Irrigation Kit!
Please use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. Good luck!
- No purchase necessary.
- Giveaway open to residents of the U.S. Canadian residents will receive an Amazon gift certificate of equivalent value.
- The giveaway begins April 28, 2014 and will end May 15, 2014 at 12:00am PST.
- This giveaway is hosted and paid for by Dawn Gifford and Small Footprint Family.
- The prize was selected by informal Facebook vote, and is one RainBird Drip Irrigation Kit, valued at $30. The odds of winning are approximately 1 in 500, though it depends on how many people enter the giveaway.
- Prizes will be shipped directly from Amazon to the winner’s home, and any exchanges or returns should be handled by Amazon. Canadian residents will receive an Amazon gift certificate of equivalent value, which will be delivered by email.
- Winners will be selected via Random.org integrated with the Rafflecopter widget. Winners will be announced within 1 week of the last day of the giveaway in a post on this blog.
- Winners will have 1 week from the last day of the giveaway to claim their prize by contacting Small Footprint Family with your full name and mailing address.